Monday, February 20, 2012

Colorado

For the last 20+ (wow really) years, I have been going skiing with my family.  Now it is just my Dad and I that ski, but we have a blast every year.  We've skied all over the place and definitely have our favorites and our not so favorites.  Amazingly, the first trip that I took with my Dad skiing was when I was 16 and I tagged along to Europe on a work trip of his.  Let's just say his first experience with skiing wasn't great and I was surprised that he even tried again, but now as long as it is groomed we will tackle anything on the mountain - Blues, Blacks, and even greens when we are forced :)

Grace comes along and spends the day with Mimi and Holly while we ski.  I can't wait until I can get her on skis - probably another year or so.

This year we went back to the Summit County area in Colorado.  We aren't ones to ski only 1 mountain during the week and like places that can give us variety.  We skied Breckenridge, Keystone and Vail this year.  We made a promise to get helmets this year and after griping about it I bought one.  I'll admit now that it wasn't so bad - built in headphones and my head was warm and safe so not much to dislike about it.

Ready for the trip

Finally napping on the plane to Denver

All ready to go at the Top of Breckenridge - Grace didn't like our boots or helmets.  

Napping with Holly



She love going for "Rides!"



Mimi, Grace and Holly came to see us on the Mountain for Lunch.  Grace loved the Gondola.


Playing with the Puzzles with Grandpa.





On the Gondola one day, we over heard someone talking about the Ice Castles so we had to check them out.  It was this really cool structure made up of Icicles that they sprayed with water every night.  It gets bigger as the season goes on and they light it up at night.  Grace loved running around it and surprisingly she was super agile on the slick ground.  The pictures don't do it justice, but we thought it was cool.  





We had a great trip and look forward to going skiing again next year.  Maybe we can get Grace up on some baby skis!



1 comment:

  1. Glad I found your site. I signed up to follow everything. What beautiful pictures with the ice, wow.
    http://loveitor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete