Saturday, June 2, 2012

Birthdays and Baby Showers



A few days after Mother's day was my birthday.  I have a love hate relationship with my birthday now.  I love the presents and celebration, but am not loving the number anymore.  Keith's parents came into town to visit us and we all went out for dinner for my birthday.  I picked a local fancy pizza place - Fireside Pies -  of all places, but it was family friendly, near by and had great cocktails!  I really enjoyed it.  Great food and company.





Cake! - Grace sure was eyeing the cake - haha!

Some one loves her Cake! 






A couple of days after my birthday I helped host a baby shower for a good friend of mine.  She is having a boy and her colors are orange and turquoise for the nursery so we incorporated that into the theme.  I think it turned out super cute and we all had a great time!

Favors

Table before the food.  Those are stenciled burb clothes on the window. 

I made a diaper bike for my gift and for a centerpiece.  I think he turned out so cute!!

Blue Liam cocktail - though it looks more green in this picture.

Here is another more detailed picture of the bike.  It had a bottle for the headlight, 2 bibs, 2 flannel blankets, pair of socks, Pacifier, teether, 74 newborn diapers, etc.



I also made finger sandwiches.  Grace helped!

I have a couple more May posts - I said we were busy.  Thanks again to my in laws for coming in town to visit.  We had a great time and can't wait to go to Michigan this summer and see everyone. 






No comments:

Post a Comment