Friday, June 1, 2012

You called that Spring??


This winter was mild by all accounts.  No snow or ice to really speak of.  I don't even think we hardly ever even wore our coats this year except the week we went to Colorado skiing.  So I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when April showed up with temperatures in the 90s.    We spend most afternoons outside enjoying popsicles and baby pools.  The pools in our neighborhood opened on April 1st, but this weekend will probably be the first weekend we try them out.  I don't really care for super chilly pool water :)

Popsicles on the Patio


I was super excited to be picked as a Copperone Mom.  We've already used so much sunscreen and it is only May so I know that I'll have lots of opportunities to try the new products that Coppertone sent me as well as handing out the samples.  Too bad the hat they sent didn't fit Grace.  She really liked it, but I doubt it would have fit her even as a newborn.  


Argh Matey!  I couldn't resist when I saw this baby pool.  Grace has taken to pirates so it was pretty appropriate.  

A little Sword fighting.  

May was a busy month for us.  Of course we started out with Mother's day.   Brunch has started out as our tradition so after early church we went out for Brunch.  Afterwards I headed out to a movie by myself.  It was nice to have a little me time and movies are a rarity these days.  I saw Hunger Games.  It was pretty good.  I think I am Team Peeta after seeing the movie.  I read all 3 books in a week over Christmas so I was looking forward to seeing the movie.  

Grace fell asleep on the way to brunch but didn't drop her book.  


Beautiful Girl before Brunch


 Thanks to Keith and Grace for a great Mother's day.   




No comments:

Post a Comment