Saturday, September 4, 2010

MMM... Cake....

We went to dinner last night at our friend's the Brasseaux's house.  I was asked to bring a dessert.  After a bit of contemplation, I decided to make something that would allow me to use a few gifts that I've received the last couple of years, but hadn't had a chance to use: Bundt Pan and a Cake Carrier.

This is the result.  Devil's Food Pudding Cake with Peanut Butter Glaze




Looks pretty good if I say so myself(even if it did stick to the pan) and tasted great.  It was really moist and spongy, but the glaze really made special.  I found the recipe on another blog, but modified the glaze since my first efforts resulted in something closer to Peanut Butter Fudge instead of icing.  

Dinner and company were great too.  We aren't sure how we can top last night's steak next Friday when it is our turn to host.  

Grace was a bit out of sorts though last night and didn't really like being put to bed on the floor, but came home and after waking early morning to eat she went back to bed until 8 am.  I got some much needed rest and really appreciated not having to get up at 5-6 am like I've been doing this week.  

If you are interested this is the recipe.

Devil's Food Pudding Cake 
1 box devil’s food cake mix
1 box chocolate instant pudding mix
4 eggs
1 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup oil




Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and grease well a bundt pan.

Blend all ingredients together for 2-3 minutes, and pour in the prepared pan.  Bake for 50-60 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then flip pan, and cake should fall right out. Frost as desired.

Peanut Butter Glaze
  • 4 teaspoons water
  • 2/3 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter (I used about 2 tbsp)

Stir together until smooth.  I put it in the microwave for about 10 seconds to get it warm so that it would pour better.  You could add more water, but I wanted a thicker glaze.  Pour on top of cake and top with chopped chocolate peanut butter cups (If you freeze these first they chop easier)


1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I may make this when its my turn for refreshments at tennis.

    ReplyDelete