Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sweet Potatoes

I decided that I wanted to try and make a lot of the first foods that Grace would be eating.  I bought all organic vegetables (some I cheated and bought frozen), steamed, pureed and froze 1/2 oz cubes.  We now had a freezer full of heart shaped (only ice cube trays that I had) sweet potatoes, peas, carrots, butternut squash, peaches, apples and a blend of peas and carrots.  I bought jars of organic Earth's Best of all of the foods that I wasn't quite ready to tackle like chicken and rice as well.  Bibs, bowls, spoons etc were all neatly stacked in the cabinets.

So now that we were stocked and ready all we had to do was wait until Grace was 6 months old, which is the new Pediatric recommendation.  Last Friday was the day and I was super excited.  As you could tell from the sneak peek picture Grace wasn't as excited.  She provided us with lots of entertainment though through her expressions.  She never fussed or complained and ended up eating about an ounce that first time.

Since then she has also had rice cereal.  I figured out that I need to mix the rice cereal with either milk or apple juice and add the sweet potatoes and then she gobbles it all up.  I think that peas are going to be the next food for her to try tomorrow.

Here is a video of her first bites.





Not so good



What is this?



This is tasty.



I like these sweet potatoes as long as I can feed myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment